MMC Benefits Handbook
The deadlines to order, change or cancel your elections are important. You must make your election by a given day of the month before the benefit month.
- To order or change the amount of the payment to your Mail&Ride Account for LIRR or Metro-North Railroad:
- Order or elect through HealthEquity by the 4th day of the prior month (for example, December 4 for a January pass).
- To use your before-tax benefit for LIRR or Metro-North Railroad, you must have an existing Mail&Ride account. Any changes to your address, origin/destination and MetroCard must be made through the Mail&Ride website: https://ec0.mta.info/lirr/Cvar_MR or customer service center: LIRR at +1 800 649 NYNY or Metro-North at +1 212 340 2020 by the cutoff designated by the Mail&Ride programs.
- For all other transit agencies and vanpools:
- For direct pay parking:
- Elect by the 10th day of the prior month (for example, December 10 for parking to be paid for January).
- For out-of-pocket expenses:
- Elect by the 10th day of the prior month (for example, December 10 for January payment) AND submit receipts by the 10th day of the month to be reimbursed by the end of the month (for example, January 10 for January 31 reimbursement, if you have incurred the expense by that date. Otherwise, you must wait until the expenses are incurred before you can request reimbursement.)
If you sign up for a pass after a monthly deadline, you must wait until the month after the following month to enjoy the benefit. If you sign up and choose "Every Month," you won't have to worry about the deadlines again until you change or cancel your existing election.
What if I need to make a change to my elections?
You can change or discontinue your participation at any time. Keep in mind, though, that there are deadlines for changing or canceling benefits for any given month.