MMC Benefits Handbook
Aetna Medical Plan Options
In this document references to Marsh & McLennan Companies mean Marsh McLennan and references to Marsh & McLennan Agency LLC mean Marsh McLennan Agency. Selecting a medical plan option for 2023 involves three key choices for eligible individuals.
- Select one of three medical plan design options. A range of coverage levels and costs is offered.
- Select coverage for:
- yourself only — Employee
- yourself and your spouse or domestic partner — Employee + Spouse
- yourself and your child or children — Employee + Child(ren)
- yourself, your spouse or domestic partner, and children — Family
- Select your medical plan third party administrator (or carrier with respect to the insured programs):
Note: This section of the Benefits Handbook provides information about the Aetna administered medical plan options only.
Information about the Anthem BlueCross BlueShield and Surest administered medical plan options is covered in a separate section of the Benefits Handbook.
Information about the Kaiser administered medical plan options is covered in a separate section of the Benefits Handbook.
Information about the Hawaii medical plan options is covered in a separate section of the Benefits Handbook.
All medical plan options described in this section of the Benefits Handbook offer:
- comprehensive health services
- the freedom to select between a health care provider that participates in your chosen medical plan third party administrator's network, generally at a lower cost to you, or a provider that does not participate in your chosen medical plan third party administrator's network, generally at a higher cost to you.
Note: Be sure to read about Health Care Flexible Spending Accounts (HCFSAs), Health Savings Accounts (HSAs) and Limited Purpose Health Care Flexible Spending Accounts (LPHCFSAs). Understanding these tax-advantaged arrangements may be important to your selection of a medical plan.
The Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (ERISA) is a federal law that governs many employer-sponsored plans including this medical plan. Your ERISA rights in connection with this Plan are detailed in the Administrative Information section.