MMC Benefits Handbook
Participating in Healthcare Benefits
- For Marsh & McLennan Companies participants: a US regular employee of Marsh & McLennan Companies or any subsidiary or affiliate of Marsh & McLennan Companies (other than MMA).
- For MMA participants: a US regular employee of MMA-Corporate, MMA-Alaska, MMA-Northeast, Security Insurance Services of Marsh & McLennan Agency LLC or Marsh & McLennan Agency LLC, Private Client Services – National Region (MMA PCS - National).
This section explains which employees are eligible to participate in the Marsh & McLennan Companies (Company) healthcare benefits. This section also explains which family members are eligible to participate in the healthcare plans.
For the healthcare plans that provide benefits for those who are not current employees (such as Medicare eligible retirees), the eligibility and participation information is generally contained in the section that describes the applicable benefit. However, information on pre 65 retiree medical coverage can be found in the section called Participating in Pre-65 Retiree Medical Coverage.
- The Company does not collect, maintain, or report on any personal health information pertaining to you or any covered dependents.
- As a participant in our health plan, your personal health information is protected by federal law.
- Our medical Third Party Administrators (or carriers with respect to the insured programs) are required to protect your personal health information in accordance with federal law and data privacy agreements with the Company and/or plan fiduciaries.
- Please note that states seeking to prohibit or limit certain services covered under Company-sponsored plans might attempt to challenge your right to privacy under federal law. If a state's legal challenge is successful, there may be legal consequences associated with you procuring a service covered under a Company-sponsored plan that is or may become prohibited or limited under state law. If you have any questions regarding potential risks, please seek professional legal advice.