MMC Benefits Handbook
How to Apply for a Rollover
When you request a distribution, you can request a "direct rollover" - a trustee-to-trustee transfer from this Plan to a traditional IRA, Roth IRA or another eligible employer tax-qualified plan.
You can request a rollover by completing a Benefit Distribution Form. The forms can be obtained online. If you are an active employee, go to Colleague Connect ( Select Pay & Benefits, and click My Pay & Benefits, select Transamerica under Savings & Financial Planning. If you are a terminated employee, go to and select Transamerica. Complete and return the form in accordance with the form's instructions.
Your rollover check will be mailed to your address on file. You are responsible for submitting the check to the rollover institution.
Wire Transfers Out
This Plan does not allow wire transfers. If any portion of your account is invested in the MMC Stock Fund and you chose an in-kind distribution, you can have the shares of stock electronically transferred via the Depository Trust Corporation.
Stock Distributions
You can roll over a Marsh & McLennan Companies stock distribution to a self-directed traditional IRA, Roth IRA or another employer's tax-qualified plan; although you should first confirm that the traditional IRA, Roth IRA or other plan will accept shares of Marsh & McLennan Companies common stock.
Note that, by rolling your stock distribution to a traditional IRA, Roth IRA or another plan, you may lose special tax treatment available for Marsh & McLennan Companies stock.