MMC Benefits Handbook
Transfers to a Non-Participating Company
How does transferring to a non-participating company affect my account in the Plan?
If you have an account balance in the Plan prior to the date you transfer to a non-participating company, you will have access to your account, while you remain employed, to:
  • reallocate the balance of your account among different investment options
  • substitute one investment option for another (a "fund-to-fund" transfer)
  • request an in-service withdrawal (taxable as US income). As long you have a valid US Social Security Number. If you submit an in-service withdrawal form and have a foreign address, Transamerica Retirement Solutions will need a W-9 or W-8Ben to determine tax status withholding.
  • request a loan (repayments made via loan coupon issued by Transamerica Retirement Solutions)
  • change your dividend direction.
Your account balance will continue to be affected by the investment performance of the investment options you elect.
You will not be able to take a full distribution of your account balance until you terminate employment from all companies within the Marsh McLennan controlled group.