MMC Benefits Handbook
How the Plan Works
If you die as a result of an accident during Company business travel or commuting, the Plan will pay a death benefit amount equal to five times your salary, with a minimum benefit of $125,000 and a maximum of $2,000,000.
- Dismemberment benefits are paid at a percentage of the death benefit.
- Certain types of losses are not covered.
- The loss must be directly related to the injuries from the accident and the loss must take place within 365 days of the accident to be covered under the Plan. The beneficiary must file a claim within 90 days of the date of loss.
- The Plan pays for a covered loss regardless of any other insurance coverage you might have. The benefit under this Plan is reduced by any other Business Travel Accident Insurance Plan carried by the Company.
- You have benefits under this Plan for your spouse, children, domestic partner and children of a domestic partner if they are approved to travel with you on approved Company business, or relocation travel that is paid for by the Company.
- If more than one covered person is involved in the same accident, the Plan's payment is limited to $50,000,000 per aircraft accident for all covered persons involved in the accident. For bomb scare or terrorism events, the Plan's payment is limited to $50,000,000 per accident.
- The maximum for long-term disabled employees who are on the rehabilitative benefit and are working less than 30 hours per week is five times their salary prior to disability.
- Some restrictions apply.
If you are a temporary employee and die as a result of an accident during Company business travel or commuting, the Plan will pay $150,000.