MMC Benefits Handbook
You are "Actively-At-Work" if you are fulfilling your job responsibilities at a Company-approved location on the day coverage is supposed to begin (e.g., you are not out ill or on a leave of absence).
Annual Benefits Base Rate
Annual base salary (excluding overtime, bonuses, commissions, and other extra compensation), annual MMA producer salary, guaranteed annual draw and the average of the last two years' commissions.
The person(s) or entity you designate to be entitled to benefits when you die. For Personal Life Insurance and Voluntary AD&D you are automatically the beneficiary if a covered family member dies.
Coma/comatose means profound state of unconsciousness from which you cannot be aroused to consciousness, even by powerful stimulation, as determined by a physician. The coma must continue for 30 continuous days.
Commissions earned that have been paid.
The loss of one or more arms, legs, hands, feet, hearing, speech, or eyesight because of an accident that doesn't cause death.
Guaranteed Annual Draw
Guaranteed Annual Draw means a draw against commissions not subject to retroactive deduction.
For Marsh & McLennan Companies employees (other than MMA):
Salary for the purpose of the Plan is your annual base salary (excluding overtime, bonuses, commissions, and other extra compensation).
For MMA employees:
Salary for the purpose of the Plan is your annual base salary (excluding overtime, bonuses, commissions, and other extra compensation) or your annual benefits base rate. Annual Benefits Base Rate includes your annual base salary, your annual MMA producer salary, your guaranteed annual draw and the average of the last two years' commissions. Note: the benefit payable for employees with an annual benefits base rate will equal five times the average commissions received over the last two year term with a minimum benefit of $750,000 and a maximum benefit of $2,000,000.
Spouse and Domestic Partner
Adding a spouse or same gender or opposite gender domestic partner to certain benefits coverage is permitted upon employment or during the Annual Enrollment period for coverage effective the following January 1st if you satisfy the plans' criteria, or immediately upon satisfying the plans' criteria if you previously did not qualify. To obtain domestic partner coverage, you will need to agree to the Affidavit of Eligible Family Membership declaring that:
Spouse / Domestic Partner
- You have already received a marriage license from a US state or local authority, or registered your domestic partnership with a US state or local authority.
- Although not registered with a US state or local authority, your relationship constitutes a marriage under US state or local law (e.g. common law marriage or a marriage outside the US that is honored under US state or local law).
Domestic Partner Only
- Although not registered with a US state or local authority, your relationship constitutes an eligible domestic partnership. To establish that your relationship constitutes an eligible domestic partnership you and your domestic partner must:
- be at least 18 years old
- not be legally married, under federal law, to each other or anyone else or part of another domestic partnership during the previous 12 months
- currently be in an exclusive, committed relationship with each other that has existed for at least 12 months and is intended to be permanent
- currently reside together, and have resided together for at least the previous 12 months, and intend to do so permanently
- have agreed to share responsibility for each other's common welfare and basic financial obligations
- not be related by blood to a degree of closeness that would prohibit marriage under applicable state law.
Marsh & McLennan Companies reserves the right to require documentary proof of your domestic partnership or marriage at any time, for the purpose of determining benefits eligibility. If requested, you must provide documents verifying the registration of your domestic partnership with a state or local authority, your cohabitation and/or mutual commitment, or a marriage license that has been approved by a state or local government authority.
In order to cover the child(ren) of a domestic partner, you will be required to agree to the Affidavit of Eligible Family Membership. Go to Colleague Connect (https://colleagueconnect.mmc.com), click Career & Rewards and select Mercer Marketplace Benefits Enrollment Website under Tools.