MMC Benefits Handbook
How the Program Works
Bright Horizons Family Solutions includes two programs, Back-Up Care and Enhanced Family Supports.
Bright Horizons Back-Up Care offers temporary back-up care services to assist working families in coordinating alternative care arrangements for a child or adult/elder. Typically, the program is available to provide care for a family member so you can meet your work obligations.
You have access to 15 days of back-up care per calendar year for the following programs – and all services are available nationally:
For example, you can use back-up care when:
- Your regular caregiver or stay-at-home spouse is unavailable
- You are transitioning between child or adult/elder care arrangements
- Your child's regular center or school is closed
- Your adult/elder relative is ill or needs temporary assistance
- Your child is mildly ill at home
You must register before using the service – either with a consultant or through the online process. Reservations for care are required and can be placed one month in advance and up to the day care is needed.
To register for back-up care, reserve care and for additional information:
- Visit backup.brighthorizons.com (First time user: employer username is MMCo and employer password is 4Backup. Upon registration, create a username and password.)
- Call +1 877 BH CARES (+1 877 242 2737) – consultants are available 24/7 to assist you
Bright Horizons Enhanced Family Supports provides you with resources to help you secure your own regular, ongoing family care, including:
- Preferred Enrollment at select Bright Horizons child care centers
- Discounted tuition for full-time care at select partner centers in the Bright Horizons child care network
- Online, self-serve, and self-pay resources to search for and connect with:
- Babysitters and nannies for regular and weekend care (including children with special needs), caregivers to support remote learning or learning pods and adult and elder companion caregivers — available through Sittercity
- Pet sitters, dog walkers, groomers, and more — available through Sittercity
- Elder care resources, planning, and referrals — available through Years Ahead
- Tutoring, test prep, and homework help — available through Varsity Tutors, Revolution Prep and Sylvan Learning
- Housekeepers — available through Sittercity
- Nanny Placement services — available through College Nannies
- Find before & after school care – available through Right At School
- Enrichment classes for children of all ages – available through Brooklyn Robot Foundry, Code Ninjas and MarcoPolo
- Access summer day camp with exclusive discounts – available through Steve & Kate's Camp
- To register for Enhanced Family supports visit clients.brighthorizons.com/mmc and scroll to Bright Horizons Enhanced Family Supports and select the program(s) that best meet your needs. You will need to register with each program support offering separately.