MMC Benefits Handbook
Eligible Spouses and Domestic Partners
Under the Business Travel Accident Insurance Plan, coverage is provided to your eligible spouse, children, domestic partner and children of a domestic partner if they are pre-approved to accompany you while traveling on Company business or relocation trips at the expense of the Company.
An eligible spouse is:
- your legally married spouse
- pre-approved to travel with you on Company business or relocation travel.
You can cover your same gender or opposite gender domestic partner.
Spouse / Domestic Partner
- You have already received a marriage license from a US state or local authority, or registered your domestic partnership with a US state or local authority.
- Although not registered with a US state or local authority, your relationship constitutes a marriage under US state or local law (e.g. common law marriage or a marriage outside the US that is honored under US state or local law).
Domestic Partner Only
- A person who has entered into a Civil Union or State Registered Domestic Partnership:
- Arrangement under which two persons have established a relationship as defined by the laws of the state in which such relationship has been recognized, and
- Arrangement where both persons are entitled to receive the benefits and protections, and be subject to the responsibilities of spouses.
- Marsh McLennan reserves the right to require documentary proof of your domestic partnership or marriage at any time, for the purpose of determining benefits eligibility. If requested, you must provide documents verifying the registration of your domestic partnership with a state or local authority, your cohabitation and/or mutual commitment, or a marriage license that has been approved by a state or local government authority.