MMC Benefits Handbook
Gender Affirming Surgery
Does the Plan cover Gender Affirming surgery?
Gender Affirming surgery is covered for persons that meet all of the following conditions:
- You are at least 18 years old
- You have been diagnosed with Gender Dysphoria.
- Preauthorization is required. Contact the Claims Administrator for specific details.
What Gender Affirming surgery benefits will the Plan pay?
The Plan will provide medically necessary benefits in connection with Gender Affirming surgery, including
- Hair removal, such as electrolysis, laser treatment, etc.
- Tracheal shave/reduction
- Facial feminization surgeries
- Voice modification surgeries
- Voice modification therapy
- Lipoplasty/filling for body masculinization or feminization.
Call the Claims Administrator at the number on the back of your ID card for specifics on what is covered and excluded by the Plan.