MMC Benefits Handbook
What Is Not Covered
Under the Voluntary AD&D Plan, losses aren't covered under the Plan if they result from:
- travel or flight in or on (including getting in or out of, or on or off of) any vehicle used for aerial navigation, other than as a fare-paying passenger on a scheduled or charter flight operated by a scheduled airline or any aircraft owned, leased or operated by the Company, whether as a passenger, pilot, operator or crew member.
- suicide or any attempt at suicide or intentionally self-inflicted injury or any attempt at intentionally self-inflicted injury.
- declared or undeclared war or any act of declared or undeclared war in your country of permanent residence, the United States of America, its territories and possessions, Canada or Mexico.
- service in the Armed Forces or units auxiliary thereto of any country or international authority (Unearned premium for any period for which you are not covered due to your active duty status will be refunded.) (Loss caused while on a short-term National Guard or reserve duty for regularly scheduled training purposes is not excluded.)
- sickness, disease, mental incapacity or bodily infirmity whether the loss results directly or indirectly from any of these, unless specifically provided by the Plan.
Also, death or dismemberment has to be directly related to the injuries from the accident and occur within 365 days of the accident.
- If you suffer one or more losses from the same accident, the maximum amount payable under all benefits combined will not exceed the amount payable for one of those losses, the largest: Accidental Death Benefit, Accidental Dismemberment Benefit, Coma Benefit, Paralysis Benefit and Permanent Total Disability Benefit.