MMC Benefits Handbook
Other Things to Think About
To update your contact information, such as your name or address, go to Colleague Connect (
Be sure to get several certified death certificates. You may need to provide one for each plan your spouse was covered under. You may also need copies for banks or other financial institutions where your spouse had an account.
You should contact the Social Security Administration to see if you are entitled to a death/survivor benefit.