MMC Benefits Handbook
Insurance Through the Program
There are a variety of coverages available through the program for the following types of property:
- recreational vehicle
- rental (for personal property in a rental apartment OR for a building you own that you rent out to others)
- mobile home.
The following is a brief summary of the coverage you can elect with the Auto Insurance and Home Insurance policy options*:
- Liability: Applies to property damage or injuries that you cause to others while driving.
- Medical: Applies to medical treatment for you and your passengers if you are injured in a covered accident.
- Collision/comprehensive: Collision covers the damage to your auto up to the actual cash value of your auto in an accident that you cause. Comprehensive covers other kinds of damage or loss from theft, vandalism, fire, glass breakage, and more.
- Uninsured/underinsured Drivers: Applies to your costs if a driver could not pay for injuries to you and/or your passengers.
- Other Options: Towing and rental reimbursement are also available.
Home insurance coverage typically includes:
- Dwelling: Covers your residence and an attached garage.
- Other Structures: Covers a detached garage, shed, barn or fence.
- Personal Property: Covers the contents of your home.
- Personal Liability: Covers bodily injury and property damage for which you are legally responsible. Helps pay for expenses created in the event that a physical injury or accidental damage to someone's property is caused by you, residents of your household or your pets.
- Additional Living Expenses: Pays for extra living expenses if you have to move out of your home during repairs.
* You should carefully review the terms of an individual policy before enrolling in your personal insurance coverage. In the event any conflict arises between this Benefits Handbook and the insurance policy, then the insurance policy will always control. Discounts may not be available in all states and may vary based on individual circumstances.
MetLife Auto & Home is a brand of Metropolitan Property and Casualty Insurance Company and its affiliates: Economy Fire & Casualty Company, Economy Preferred Insurance Company, Metropolitan Casualty Insurance Company, Metropolitan Direct Property and Casualty Insurance Company, Metropolitan General Insurance Company, Metropolitan Group Property and Casualty Insurance Company, and Metropolitan Lloyds Insurance Company of Texas, all with administrative home offices in Warwick, RI. Coverage, rates, and discounts are available in most states to those who qualify. Met P&C®, MetCas℠, MetGen℠, MetDirect℠, and EPAC are licensed in state of Minnesota. © 2009 MetLife Auto & Home.
MetLife Auto & Home is a brand of Metropolitan Property and Casualty Insurance Company, Warwick, RI. Coverage, rates, and discounts are available in most states to those who qualify. © 2009 MetLife Auto & Home.
Insurance is underwritten by The Travelers Indemnity Company or one of its property casualty affiliates, One Tower Square, Hartford, CT 06183. In FL: Auto insurance policies are underwritten by First Floridian Auto and Home Insurance Company, The Travelers Home and Marine Insurance Company, or by The Travelers Commercial Insurance Company. In MA: Auto policies are underwritten by The Premier Insurance Company of Massachusetts, an independent, single-state subsidiary of The Travelers Indemnity Company. In NJ: Auto insurance policies are underwritten by Travelers Auto Insurance Co. of New Jersey, a single state, independent subsidiary of The Travelers Indemnity Company. In TX: Auto insurance is offered by Travelers MGA, Inc. and underwritten by Consumers County Mutual Insurance Company. Coverage, discounts, repair options and billing options are subject to state requirements and availability, individual qualifications and/or the insuring company's underwriting guidelines. © 2009 The Travelers Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.
Travelers of Massachusetts is the brand name for personal lines business in Massachusetts. Homeowners insurance is underwritten by The Travelers Indemnity Company or one of its property casualty affiliates. Auto policies are underwritten by The Premier Insurance Company of Massachusetts, 10 Chestnut Street, Worcester, MA 01613, an independent, single state subsidiary of The Travelers Indemnity Company. Coverage, discounts, repair options and billing options are subject to state requirements and availability, individual qualifications and/or the insuring company's underwriting guidelines. © 2009 The Travelers Companies, Inc. All rights reserved.
Coverage underwritten and provided Liberty Mutual Insurance Company and its affiliates, 175 Berkeley Street, Boston, MA. Discounts available where state laws and regulations allow and vary by state. Certain discounts apply to certain coverages only. Applicants are individually underwritten; unless required by law, not all applicants may qualify. A consumer report from a consumer reporting agency and/or motor vehicle report, on all drivers listed on your policy, may be obtained where state laws and regulations allow.
Marsh Affinity Group Services, a service of Seabury & Smith, receives compensation for services to provide this program. These services may include enrollments, ongoing servicing, billing, marketing, brokerage, customer administration and claim servicing and communications. Call +1 800 225 2265 for specific details.