MMC Benefits Handbook
You must enroll each plan year in order to participate. Once you decide how much to contribute, you can enroll by going to Colleague Connect (https://mmcglobal.sharepoint.com/sites/home). Click Pay & Benefits and select Mercer Marketplace Benefits Enrollment Website under Benefits. Once you make your selection for the year, you can't make any changes, unless you have a qualified family status change and then any changes must be due to, and consistent with, the qualified family status change.
You have to re-enroll each year. Elections you make during the Annual Enrollment period will take effect January 1 of the following year.
When You Can Enroll
You are eligible to enroll:
If you are a new hire or become eligible during the year, you can enroll within 30 days of the date you become eligible. If you decide not to participate, you have to wait until the next Annual Enrollment period to join the Plan, unless you have a qualified family status change and then any changes must be due to, and consistent with, the qualified family status change.
What qualified family status changes would permit a change to my Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account?
The following are qualified family status changes that would permit a change in elections:
- acquiring a qualifying family member
- death of your spouse or qualifying family member
- employment status change by you or your spouse (full-time to part-time or vice versa)
- loss of a qualifying family member's eligibility status
- although not a qualified family status change, you can change the amount you contribute if your dependent care provider (e.g., child's day-care provider) or eligible expense changes during the year.
Note: The Company determines which specific IRS rules on qualified family status changes to adopt for the Plan (except where a right to change medical coverage is required by law). The Company's enrollment system is programmed to allow only those changes permitted for that particular event. See the Life Events section for information on qualified family status changes.