MMC Benefits Handbook
What are the restorative exclusions?
The Plan doesn't cover:
- reimbursement for a temporary and a permanent crown is limited to the permanent crown charge
- adjustments to dentures within six months of installation
- specialized techniques, precision attachments, personalization or characterization of dentures
- reimbursement for a temporary and a permanent denture is limited to the permanent denture charge
- oral surgery postoperative
- oral surgery treatment of fracture and dislocation of a tooth (may be covered under your medical plan)
- orthognathic surgery (covered under your medical plan if medically necessary)
- replacement of wisdom teeth
- restorations to restore occlusion (chewing or grinding the surface of bicuspid and molar teeth), unless given in connection with orthodontic treatment
- surgery for Temporomandibular Joint Syndrome (TMJ/TMD) (covered under your medical plan if medically necessary).