MMC Benefits Handbook
Medical Supplies and Appliances
- Devices used specifically as safety items or to affect performance in sports-related activities
- Prescribed or non-prescribed medical supplies and some disposable supplies. Examples include:
- Orthotic appliances that straighten or re-shape a body part (including some types of braces)
- Tubings, nasal cannulas, connectors and masks are not covered except when used with durable medical equipment
- Tubings and masks except when used in association with Durable Medical Equipments.
- Repair or replacement of DME or orthotics due to misuse, malicious damage or gross neglect or to replace lost or stolen items.