MMC Benefits Handbook
The following are requirements for network attorneys:
- Graduation from an accredited law school.
- Have at least 8 years general practice experience.
- Operate a fully staffed general practice law office.
- Commit to the highest standards of client satisfaction.
- Maintain an active license with the State Bar with no bar complaints or disciplinary problems.
- Agree to provide legal services to plan members according to the claims administrator's or MetLife Legal Plans' policies, utilizing fee schedules for covered services.
- Maintain malpractice insurance in the minimum sum of $100,000.00 per claim.
How often are attorneys recredentialed?
Attorneys are recredentialed by MetLife Legal Plans yearly. The process includes:
- Review of daily legal plan activity
- Caseload and client feedback
- Updating of staff
- Credentials and specialization
- Verification of malpractice insurance
- Confirmation of current license status.
What is the average number of years of experience of a network attorney?
Network attorneys have an average of 25 years of experience.