MMC Benefits Handbook
How the Program Works
Bright Horizons Back-Up Care offers temporary back-up care services to assist working families in coordinating alternative care arrangements for a child or adult/elder. Typically, the program is available to provide care for a family member so you can meet your work obligations.
You have access to 15 days of back-up care per calendar year for the following programs – and all services are available nationally:
For example, you can use back-up care when:
- Your regular caregiver or stay-at-home spouse is unavailable
- You are transitioning between child or adult/elder care arrangements
- Your child's regular center or school is closed
- Your adult/elder relative is ill or needs temporary assistance
- Your child is mildly ill at home
You must register before using the service – either with a consultant or through the online process. Reservations for care are required and can be placed one month in advance and up to the day care is needed.
To register for the program, reserve care and for additional information:
- Visit backup.brighthorizons.com (First time user: username is MMCo and password is 4Backup. Upon registration, create a username and password.)
- Call +1 877 BH CARES (+1 877 242 2737) – consultants are available 24/7 to assist you