MMC Benefits Handbook
When Coverage Ends
Coverage ends when the first of the following occurs:
- the date of your death
- the date the program is terminated
- the date you no longer meet the eligibility requirements
- the date you discontinue coverage
- the date you terminate your employment
- the last date you've paid contributions if you do not make the required contributions.
Note: Upon termination from Marsh & McLennan Companies, you will automatically be converted to a direct-bill payment option for your coverage. Upon renewal, you will lose any discounts that are applicable to your status as an active employee.
If your employment terminates, you can continue coverage on a group basis through the end of your policy term, provided you continue to make the required contributions to Nationwide through direct billing. When your policy term ends, you have the option to convert to an individual policy.