MMC Benefits Handbook
Cost of Coverage
You pay the full cost of coverage for the following options:
- My Pet Protection with Wellness® - (starting at $31/paycheck, or $66/month*)
- My Pet Protection® - (starting at $18/paycheck, or $40/month*)
* Premiums vary based on plan type, your pet and your state of residence. Your pricing may vary depending on your employer's payment schedule.
Multiple Pet Discounts
Save more when you enroll multiple pets:
- 2-3 pets = 5% discount on base medical or wellness plan for each pet
- 4+ pets = 10% discount on base medical or wellness plan for each pet.
For a quote on the cost of coverage for your pet refer to Nationwide's Website, http://www.petinsurance.com/affiliates/mmc_pr, elect the Quick Quote link and follow the steps. You pay the full cost of coverage.
How do I pay for coverage?
You pay for coverage through after-tax payroll deductions.
How do I pay for coverage if I take an unpaid leave of absence?
Coverage will remain in effect, provided you continue to make the required contributions. Eligible employees may continue to make the required group rate contributions through the end of your policy period, directly to Nationwide through direct billing.
How do I pay for coverage if I take a paid leave of absence?
Coverage will remain in effect. Your cost for coverage will continue to be withheld from your pay.
Will my costs change?
Your cost for pet insurance may change. Nationwide reserves the right to change the amount you are required to contribute at any time.
Do I pay for my coverage with before-tax or after-tax dollars?
You pay for your pet insurance with after-tax dollars.