MMC Benefits Handbook
By creating an identity blueprint, Allstate Identity Protection can help uncover identity fraud at its inception. Allstate Identity Protection detects fraud, including unauthorized account access, fund transfers, and password resets. This identity monitoring program searches for fraud at the point of new account application/creation. Allstate Identity Protection monitors billions of data elements on a daily basis, from sources such as:
- new credit cards
- wireless carrier applications
- retail credit card accounts
- automobile loans
- mortgage loans
- payday loans
- checking accounts and check reorders
- utility accounts
- change of address requests
- public records (DMV records, government databases, real estate records, court records, criminal records, Social Security records)
- High Risk Transactions such as online password resets, suspicious fund transfers and unauthorized account access.
CreditArmor monitors your credit profile to generate alerts whenever new accounts are opened allowing you to identify issues early to minimize damages. You will also be able to see your credit report once each year and your credit score every month. This allows you to closely review your report for significant changes or anything suspicious like accounts that you didn't open, unusually high spending, or unexplained dips in your score all from one place.
Internet Surveillance continuously monitors the Underground Economy to uncover compromised, sensitive information. Internet Surveillance finds breached data and alerts you if your personal information is found. Allstate Identity Protection's Internet Surveillance monitors:
- Malicious Command & Control Networks
- Black Market Forums
- Known Compromised Machines & Servers
- Phishing Networks
- Exploited Websites
Digital Identity Report
Digital Identity showcases a subscriber's personal information exposure on the Internet with an interactive, easy-to-read report. The report includes:
- Phishing Networks
- Exploited Websites and Public Websites
- Summarization of real-time deep Internet search results
- Offers a Privacy Grade
- Tips to better secure your available personal information
WalletArmor monitors to detect activity such as compromised credit card information, medical insurance identification, etc. This secure, online document repository also makes a lost wallet replacement quick and easy.
Allstate Identity Protection monitors your Facebook, Linkedin and Twitter profile to give actionable alerts of reputational damage, cyberbullying, or online predators.
Full Service Privacy Advocate® Remediation
Upon notification of an identity theft incident, Privacy Advocates will immediately reach out to act on behalf of the victim as a dedicated case manager to:
- Investigate and, when appropriate, confirm fraudulent activity including known, unknown, and potentially complicated additional sources of identity theft.
- Complete and mail customized, pre-populated, state specific "Fraud Packet" via certified mail with pre-paid return instructions.
- Place phone calls, send electronic notifications, and prepare appropriate documentation on the victim's behalf, including anything from dispute letters to defensible complaints, to all appropriate agencies, financial institutions, etc.
- Issue fraud alerts and victim's statements when necessary, with the three consumer credit reporting agencies, the Federal Trade Commission, Social Security Administration, and US Postal Service.
- Submit Special Limited Power of Attorney and ID Theft Affidavit to involved creditors for card cancellation and new card issuance.
- Contact, follow up and escalate issues with affected agencies, creditors, financial institutions, etc. to reinforce employee's rights.
- Assist the employee in notifying local authorities to file an official report(s).
- Utilize real time access to public records reports for further investigation where applicable.
- Provide resolution of key issues from start to finish as swiftly as possible.
- Provide copies of documentation, correspondence, forms and letters for the victim's personal records.
Remediation is provided in house by Allstate Identity Protection Privacy Advocates. Allstate Identity Protection's services apply to fraud issues beyond just credit fraud, including criminal, medical and other forms of identity theft.
Allstate Identity Protection provides important identity theft prevention measures and gives you guidance to reduce unwanted solicitations which prevent your personal information from falling into the wrong hands:
Identity Theft Insurance Policy
This $1,000,000 Identity Theft Insurance Policy will help protect you from the financial damages of identity theft. Allstate Identity Protection spends time and money restoring your identity fraud issues, but this policy can help with any associated costs such as legal defense expenses, or lost wages that you may experience. If you do become a victim of identity theft while enrolled in this program, a dedicated Privacy Advocate will help you file a claim to recover funds lost related to the theft. There is no deductible for this coverage.