MMC Benefits Handbook
When Coverage Starts and Ends
Your coverage begins when your coverage has been bound by the selected carrier.
Coverage ends when the first of the following occurs:
- the date of your death
- the date the program is terminated
- the date you no longer meet the eligibility requirements
- the date you discontinue coverage
- the date you terminate your employment
- the last date you've paid contributions if you do not make the required contributions.
Note: Upon termination from the Company, you can request to be converted to a direct bill payment option for your coverage by contacting Mercer Voluntary Benefits (provided by Mercer Health & Benefits Administration). Upon renewal, you will lose any discounts that are applicable to your status as an active employee per your state's guidelines. As a retiree you continue to be eligible for any Company group discounts.