MMC Benefits Handbook
Cost of Coverage
The program offers a variety of payment options:
- after-tax payroll deduction
- mortgage billing for homeowners insurance
- direct billing
- electronic funds transfer.
How do I pay for coverage if I take an unpaid leave of absence?
Coverage may continue during the leave of absence provided you pay the required contributions. Payroll deductions for coverage will resume when you return to active employment.
How do I pay for coverage if I take a paid leave of absence?
Coverage will remain in effect. Your cost for coverage will continue to be withheld from your pay.
While some discounts vary by state, other discounts that may be available include:
- Home: new home, security device, multi-policy.
- Auto: multi-car, garaging, anti-theft, good student, safety devices (air bags, anti-lock brakes), automatic seat belts, driver safety courses.
Note: Massachusetts residents may be eligible for a special group discount off state-mandated auto insurance rates.