MMC Benefits Handbook
When Coverage Ends
When does eligibility for coverage end?
Your eligibility for Long Term Disability Bonus Income Plan coverage will continue until the earliest of the following:
- the date of your death
- the date the Plan is terminated
- the date you commence a leave of absence
- the date you discontinue coverage
- the date you no longer meet the eligibility requirements
- the date your employment is terminated
- the effective date that you discontinue your Optional Long Term Disability Plan coverage
- the year in which your eligible annual bonus in the current calendar year and the past two calendar years equals $0.
Can I convert this coverage to an individual policy if I leave the Company?
No. You can't convert this Disability Plan benefit to an individual policy when you are no longer eligible for coverage.