MMC Benefits Handbook
Termination of Payments
Payment of STD Benefits will end once you no longer qualify for STD Benefits. For example, STD Benefits will end on the earliest of the following events:
- you no longer have a serious health condition that prevents you from performing the substantial and material duties of the job as determined by the Claims Administrator,
- you fail to submit to a required medical exam within requested time frames, and/or
- you fail to submit continuing proof of your serious health condition, such as medical records, within the requested time frames.
Similarly, payment of STD Benefits may end for other reasons as well. For example, STD Benefits will end on the earliest of the following events:
- you no longer meet the eligibility requirements,
- you die,
- you have exhausted all of your STD Benefits because you have been receiving STD Benefits for a qualifying serious health condition for the full 26 weeks of coverage, and/or
- you refuse to return to work under accommodations made available by the Company.