MMC Benefits Handbook
Will anything else be covered?
In addition to the benefit policy's limit of liability, the benefit will pay on behalf of the employee:
- the cost of bail bonds required because of an occurrence. This includes related traffic violations resulting in bodily injury or property damage covered under this policy
- all costs taxed against an insured
- premiums on appeal bonds and bonds to release attachments in any suit defended by the insurer
- interest accruing after a judgment is entered in any suit defended by the insurer. The insurer's duty to pay interest ends when the insurer offers to pay that part of the judgment which does not exceed the limit of liability
- Shadow Defense provides up to $10,000 for you to hire an attorney or law firm to evaluate and observe your defense
- identity fraud expense reimbursement up to a maximum of $25,000
- kidnap expense up to a maximum of $100,000 per occurrence
- up to $10,000 for shadow defense for the insured to hire an attorney or law firm to evaluate and observe your defense. Written authorization and consent from the insured must be obtained before these fees or expenses are incurred
- if you do not own or lease an automobile, which you rent or borrow, the policy provides liability coverage for the use of non-owned automobile no longer than 60 days.
The amounts paid above will not reduce the limits of insurance. Please refer to your Certificate of Insurance for more information.