MMC Benefits Handbook
When Coverage Ends
Coverage ends when the first of the following occurs:
- the date of your death
- the date the Plan is terminated
- the date you no longer meet the eligibility requirements
- at expiration of the policy plan year, December 31, upon electing to waive coverage during Annual Enrollment
- 60 days from date of termination or the policy expiration date, whichever comes first.
- Effective January 1, 2020: New retirees and surviving spouses will no longer be eligible for coverage.
- Prior to January 1, 2020: Retirees and surviving spouses in Personal Excess Liability Insurance coverage prior to January 1, 2020 may continue their coverage. You will be sent a direct bill invoice associated with your coverage each year, in December, for coverage effective January 1st. For questions, contact Mercer Voluntary Benefits at +1 800 225 2265.