MMC Benefits Handbook
What are Grief Counseling Services?
These services are available through LifeWorks US Inc. (LifeWorks). Through LifeWorks, you and your family will have access to grief counseling services. Grief counseling services includes personalized confidential assistance available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can choose to meet in-person or by telephone with a LifeWorks' network of licensed counselors who provide professional, confidential support during difficult times, including assistance with funeral planning needs. Covered services, include but not limited to:
- Death of a loved one
- Receiving a serious medical diagnosis or critical illness
- Loss of a job
What services are covered under the Grief Counselling Services?
- Up to five face-to-face or telephone sessions per event
- On-line self-help resources to help you through the grieving process. Resources, include, but not limited to:
You also have access to licensed counselors that can help with funeral services, such as:
- Locating nearby funeral homes and cemetery options
- Obtaining funeral cost estimates from local providers
- Identify service providers such as florists, caterers and hotels
- Offering information about back-up care for children and elderly
- Providing information on notifying the Social Security Administration bank and utilities
- Finding local support groups.
Is there an additional cost for these services?
Grief counseling services are available through LifeWorks, US Inc. at no additional cost to you.
Where do I go for questions and assistance?
You and your family can contact a LifeWorks US Inc. counselor by calling +1 888 319 7819 or visiting metlifegc.lifeworks.com (username = metlifeassist and password = support).