MMC Benefits Handbook
When Coverage Ends
For most but not all Marsh & McLennan Companies insurance benefit plans, insurance benefits coverage generally ends on the first of the following to occur:
- the date you discontinue coverage
- the last date you have paid premiums
- the date you no longer meet the eligibility requirements
- the date you terminate your employment
- the date of your death
- the date the Plan is terminated.
There may be exceptions for certain plans, including: if the covered person dies within 31 days of the termination date, a benefit will be paid as if the coverage were still in effect.
Refer to the individual insurance benefit plan sections for more information about when coverage ends.