MMC Benefits Handbook
What's Not Covered
Examples of expenses for which your RRA will not provide reimbursement generally include the following:
- Services and supplies that are not medically necessary;
- Over-the-counter (non-prescription) drugs or medications;
- Cosmetic surgery or similar procedures unless the surgery or procedure is covered by Medicare;
- Expenses incurred prior to the beginning or after the end of participation in the RRA; and
- Reimbursements sought when your RRA has zero Benefit Dollars.
- An RRA cannot reimburse an expense that has been (or will be) paid by another health plan or for which you take a medical expense deduction from your taxes.