MMC Benefits Handbook
In order to be eligible for an RRA, you, as the retiree, and/or your spouse/domestic partner must:
1. be Medicare-eligible; and
2. enroll in an individual healthcare insurance coverage option (any combination of medical, prescription drug, dental, and/or vision) through the Mercer Marketplace Retiree within 63 days after becoming initially eligible. Each covered individual makes his or her own choice regarding what, if any, Mercer Marketplace Retiree healthcare insurance coverage he or she needs.
Additionally, you, as the retiree, must:
3. have been a US regular employee of the Company or any subsidiary or affiliate of the Company, (other than (i) Marsh & McLennan Agency, LLC and any of its subsidiaries and generally, either (ii) Marsh ClearSight LLC (formerly CS STARS, LLC), (iii) Mercer Human Resources Services (now referred to as Mercer Outsourcing) or (iv) Mercer System Services LLC) who terminated employment at age 55 or older with at least five years vesting service, or at age 65 or older with at least one year of vesting service; (v) Mercer PeoplePro
4. be in one of the Retiree Categories outlined in the table included under "How the RRA Plan Works"; and
5. satisfy one of the following criteria:
a. If you were a Marsh & McLennan Companies Comprehensive Medical Plan (CMP) participant as of December 31, 2014, you must have been receiving a CMP contribution subsidy from the Company in 2014.
b. If you were not a CMP participant as of December 31, 2014 and are a current active employee of the Company, you must have been actively employed by the Company or one of its participating subsidiaries as of December 31, 2005 and had, as of that date, either attained age 45 or completed at least 15 years of vesting service.
c. If you were not a CMP participant as of December 31, 2014 and are a current active employee of the Company, you must be identified in the Company's records as an employee who, in conjunction with a business reorganization in which the affected employees would no longer be working for an employer participating in Pre-65 Retiree Medical Coverage, retained eligibility for Pre-65 Retiree Medical Coverage provided that you remained employed within the Company's controlled group of companies.
d. If you are a current retiree who met the requirements set forth in subsection 5.b). or 5.c). above at the time you deferred participation in the Pre-65 Retiree Medical Coverage, you must satisfy the eligibility requirements and elect to participate in the RRA no later than when you first become eligible for Medicare.