MMC Benefits Handbook
- Nutritional or cosmetic therapy using high dose or mega quantities of vitamins, minerals or elements, and other nutrition based therapy. Examples include supplements, electrolytes and foods of any kind (including high protein foods and low carbohydrate foods).
- Food of any kind. Foods that are not covered include:
- Enteral feedings and other nutritional and electrolyte formulas, including infant formula and donor breast milk, as described under Enteral Formulas and Low Protein Modified Food Products, unless they are the only source of nutrition or they are specifically created to treat inborn errors of metabolism such as phenylketonuria (PKU). Infant formula available over the counter is always excluded.
- Foods to control weight, treat obesity (including liquid diets), lower cholesterol or control diabetes.
- Oral vitamins and minerals.
- Meals you can order from a menu, for an additional charge, during an Inpatient Stay.
- Other dietary and electrolyte supplements.
- Health education classes unless offered by UnitedHealthcare or its affiliates, including but not limited to asthma, smoking cessation, and weight control classes.